- Geng Lyu has a
accepted to IEEE VR 2018 (Jan 2018).
- Taku Komura gave a Keynote talk at CVMP 2017 (Dec 2017).
- Febrian Rachmadi received the Best Student Paper Award at IEEE ICACSIS (Oct 2017). Congratulations!
- Ian Mason, Sebastian Starke, He Zhang joined as PhD students (Oct 2017).
- Taku Komura received the Google AR/VR Award (Sep 2017).
- Daniel Holden presented the PFNN at SIGGRAPH 2017. There was a wide coverage about PFNN on social media
- Daniel Holden has a paper accepted to SIGGRAPH 2017 (May 2017)
- Pengpeng Hu has a paper accepted to CGI 2017 (April 2017)
- Xi Zhao has a paper accepted to Eurographics 2017 (Jan 2017)
- Zhengang Nie won the "Chunhui Cup" Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition. Congratulations! (Nov 2016)
- Our paper in collaboration with Xian Jiaotong University, Shenzhen University and University College London is accepted to SIGGRAPH Asia 2016 (Sep 2016)
- Daniel Holden presented a paper at SIGGRAPH 2016 (Jul 2016)
- Febrian Rachmadi joined as a PhD student. He will be co-supervised with Dr. Maria Valdes Hernandez in Centre for Clinical Brain Sciences. (Mar 2016)
- We were awarded the Royal Society International Exchange Funding to work with CNRS (Mar 2016)
- Dr. Zhengang Nie from Beijing Institute of Technology has joined our group as a visiting scholar. Welcome! (Mar 2016)
- Our paper in collaboration with CNRS and INRIA is conditionally accepted to Eurographics 2016 (Dec 2015)
- PengPeng Hu joined as a visiting scholar. Welcome! (Dec 2015)
- Nestor Lobato joined as a MSc for Research student. Welcome! (Sept 2015)
- Joseph Henry passed his viva with minor corrections. Congratulations! (Sept 2015)
- Geng Lyu joined as a PhD student. Welcome! (July 2015)
- Daniel Holden has paper accepted to SCA 2015 (June 2015)
- We hosted the VRST 2014 conference (November 2014)
- We hosted the JSPS UK/Japan Symposium on Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality (November 2014)
- Taku Komura awarded Royal Society Industry Fellowship (October 2014)
- Two presentations at SIGGRAPH 2014 (August 2014)
- Xi Zhao has paper accepted to ACM Transactions on Graphics (January 2014)
- Recruitment webpage webpage updated with
new funding information.
- He Wang has paper accepted to ACM Transactions on Graphics (October 2013)
- Rami Ali-Ashqar has won the Autodesk - Best Digital Environment Award in the BFX Competition 2013.
- Joseph Henry has paper accepted to IEEE Transactions on Visualisation and Computer Graphics (August 2013)
- Rami Ali Al-ashqar has paper accepted to SCA 2013 (May 2013)
- Adam Barnett has paper accepted to CASA 2013 (March 2013)
- Peter Sandilands wins the best student paper award in Motion in Games 2012. Congratulations! (November 2012).
- Myung Geol Choi wins the best paper award in Pacific Graphics 2012. Congratulations! (September 2012).
- Joseph Henry has paper accepted to SCA 2012 (June 2012)
- Rami Ali Al-Ashqar wins one of the CG students Awards (15 June 2012).
- Myung Geol Choi joins as a postdoctoral researcher (26 January 2012).
- We are co-chairing the ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symposium on Computer Animation 2012 conference (29-31st July 2012)
- Two papers accepted to Eurographics 2012 (November 2011)
- We hosted the Motion in Games 2011 conference (13-15 November 2011)
- Shinichiro Nakaoka joins as a visiting researcher.
- Our alumni Edmond S.L. Ho joins Hong Kong Baptist University as an Assistant Professor (October 2011)
- Rami Ali Al-ashqar wins the second prize in the YSE Award 2011 (September 2011)
- Our alumni Kirill Sidorov joins Cardiff University as a Lecturer (September 2011)
- Our alumni Hubert P.H. Shum joins Worcester University as a Lecturer (April 2011)
The Computer Graphics and Visualization Unit researches various problems in computer graphics, computer animation,
multimedia and virtual environments.
Our current research topics include
computer animation, human animation, contents-based retrieval of 3D data,
and level of detail (LOD) in graphics display, particularly in virtual environments.
Recently, we are particularly interested in generating animation of close interactions
of multiple characters, such as dancing and fighting, and 3D contents based retrieval
based on topology.